Diploma in Symbol-Based Healing
This Diploma is by independent distance learning (home study). No textbooks or course materials are supplied. The course will be completed by writing an extended essay based on your previous knowledge. The course is offered without tutor support.
Your essay for this diploma will cover knowledge of the symbols of at least one symbol-based healing system such as Usui Reiki, plus awareness of varied additional symbolic healing systems, methods of attunement, how symbols are used and your explanation of how they work. Your essay can thus be used to draw together your knowledge of multiple symbol-based healing systems. Alternatively you may concentrate on therapy systems that make use of symbols and metaphors presented by the client. If you have founded a system of symbol-based healing you may use it as the basis of your diploma essay.
An essay of at least 6,000 words will be required that includes most or all of the following points:
- What is a symbol and how can it be used in healing?
- What is meant by healing – what can it do / not do?
- Basic ethics of symbol-based distance healing
- Description of one symbol-based healing system (e.g. Usui Reiki)
- Description of additional symbol-based systems that you use / are attuned to
- If attuned to multiple systems, how do you select which is the right one to use?
- Connection between symbols and energy – how do they direct or channel energy?
- What is your definition of energy and how would you explain it?
- How are symbols activated? Does activation have to be visual?
- How does attunement work and what methods of attunement do you know?
- Is it necessary to be attuned to use a symbol-based system?
- Is self-attunement possible?
- What experiences do you / others have when receiving attunements?
- What is the role of symbols in passing attunements to others?
- Describe at least one hands-on and one distant method of attunement
- Difference between symbols and metaphors
- Use of symbols in guided visualisations
- Use of metaphors in guided visualisations
- Facilitating the use of client’s own metaphors or symbols for healing
- Two case studies from your own practice
You will retain copyright of all your work.
You do not have to be a Reiki Master to do this course. This course is not a qualification in Reiki and no attunements are provided. This course enables you to demonstrate your knowledge of symbol-based systems of healing, whether or not they use attunements.
You can apply at any time. Some students will want to apply before commencing their work on the essay because having subscribed to the course will help to motivate them to complete it. Others may wish to wait until they have done the essay and then apply, sending the essay at the same time by email. Choose the method that works best for you, though enrolling for your course first will enable us to send you some helpful information that will increase your chances of passing the course. Most people will be able to complete an essay within a few weeks.
Useful essay writing and study skills links can be found in our links page.
A printed diploma will be supplied to successful graduates of the course and will be sent by post. The price for UK students includes postage. Extra postage is charged for overseas destinations. A transcript giving the highlights of the course requirements will be supplied with the certificate.
The certificate will bear the main logo of Conscious Courses and also be inscribed with the details of UK College of Holistic Training, its registered learning provider number, accreditation details and the relevant website addresses.
All diplomas in the "Conscious Courses" range have the same tuition fee as follows:
UK & IRELAND STUDENTS - FULL FEE £ 63.00 (63
UK & IRELAND STUDENTS - CONCESSIONARY FEE (low incomes) - £ 37.00 (37 pounds sterling)
OVERSEAS STUDENTS - FULL FEE including AIR MAIL
postage of diploma and transcript:
GBP (Pounds Sterling) 68.00
OVERSEAS STUDENTS - CONCESSIONARY FEE (low incomes) - GBP (Pounds Sterling) 42.00 including AIR MAIL postage of diploma and transcript - concessionary overseas fees accepted by PAYPAL ONLY PLEASE.
For currency conversions please see www.xe.com
There will be no extra fee for assessment and issue of the certificate.
A brochure giving the details appearing here plus further advice and a list of some suggested (not compulsory) reading will be emailed to the applicant on receipt of payment. (The brochure is not the purchased item: the purchased item is the educational service that we offer plus the physical diploma which will be sent by post on completion of the course).
To apply/pay for the course please go to our application page.